Starting with a 21,600-square-foot atrium that includes dining, the entire building actively encourages interaction. From shared lounge and study areas to classrooms planned around group work, the building provides faculty and students constant opportunities for informal interactions — as well as joint courses and other academic activities. The conference center, which features a 7,000-square-foot auditorium and 4,800-square-foot lecture hall, will further encourage collaboration and innovation.
The account was designed by world-famous architect Lord Norman Foster (Foster + Partners of England) and is a $515 million, 485,000 square foot building on an 11-acre site. His credits include some of the world's most impressive and astonishing contemporary buildings and structures, including the bone-thin Millau Viaduct in France; the renovated Reichstag in Berlin, whose glassy dome has become a symbol of transparent government; and the HSBC Tower in Hong Kong, which displays its elegant, earthquake-resistant steel structure outside its glass skin.
CBRE and the client have formed a joint venture and CBRE is privileged and honored to be selected to manage this state-of-the-art two-building campus and to ensure the highest occupant experience for the students, faculty, and visitors from around the world. Our Client is a joint venture of multiple owners with multiple buildings. The buildings are designed with some of the most technologically advanced MEP/BAS systems to maximize efficiency and occupant comfort.
The team will be led by a 22-year veteran of CBRE who has held numerous leadership positions throughout his tenure. He will be responsible for overall client relationship management, facilities operations, and the occupant experience. Reporting to the Managing Director will be the Chief Building Engineer Supervisor and the Community Experience Leader. The Chief Building Engineer Supervisor will be responsible for running and managing the facilities management team for both buildings and the Community Experience Leader will be responsible for the occupant/visitor experience.
This position is responsible for managing exempt and non-exempt employees on all aspects of the delivery of the occupant/visitor experience services for a large building, campus, or portfolio. Oversees operating policies and procedures ensuring those are aligned with the client's business needs, goals and objectives. You will be measured on your ability to build, across all schools, a positive Student community and cultivate a strong Faculty network in line with weekly and monthly targets through services, events, initiatives, and partnerships, supported by the Managing Director.
Goals & Objectives:
· Collaborate with the Schools to identify, develop, achieve buy in, and execute on opportunities and strategies to continually improve the education experience and our value proposition
· Produce and deliver services that drive a positive student and faculty community across all schools
· Launch and maintain an active and engaged community, facilitating the growth of each program and service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Player-Coach, the Community Experience Manager will have management and hands-on responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Be ultimately responsible for the health of community and experience within the buildings
· Be ultimately responsible for the performance of the Community Experience Team
· Build a strong brand through executing marketing/communication campaigns within the student population, in partnership with the Schools.
· Build and manage high-level relationships and partnerships within the Schools and Student Organizations.
· Network, research, and create opportunities based on the unique needs within each School
· Work closely within the Community, Operations, and Maintenance teams to ensure the highest level of User experience and satisfaction
· Manage day-to-day user needs and work to get to know School staff and Students and develop meaningful relationships to provide them with the best resources and opportunities possible
· Coordinate and run events and ongoing tailored services and programming, with the ability to assess outcomes, receive feedback, analyze methods and techniques, and participate in the ongoing development of events and programming. You will work with the Managing Director to use that information to learn how the overall Program can improve.
· Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between Students, including student introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walk-throughs for guests and visitors.
· Solve School/Student-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage School expectations.
· Ensure all stakeholders are looped into student and faculty events happening on campus
· Be part of the student ombudsperson program as an effective part of the Schools' network supporting the emotional and physical requests of our students
· Be the CBRE point of contact for student and faculty concerns. This is both for feedback as well as using your emotional intelligence to show students and faculty how to successfully get the most out of the developed programs
· Cultivate and facilitate/lead the Student and Faculty Networks to develop Program Ambassadors and identify opportunities for current and future programs
· Keep track of student and Program rosters, calendars, communication lists and more
· Support the Schools in making strategic decisions regarding the operational performance of the campus
· Manages a team in one or more offices; provides direction on employee management (e.g. recruitment of talent, performance management, etc.); makes recommendations on budgets and cost-benefit cost reductions.
· Manages an operating budget and makes recommendations on annual budgets; Ensure all billings for business services are invoiced and billed as required. Ensures that savings goals are met and adhere to approved budgets
· Ensures consistency in support provided by the team through continuous review and improvement of existing processes. Works with managers to resolve conflicting priorities. Interprets and communicates goals and direction with management, sets achievable goals that are linked to the objectives of the organization.
· Manages Community Experience Team member and third-party service provider on-boarding process, including new employee orientation, training, equipment and software ordering.
· Maintains relationships with vendors that provide services and goods. Ensures all vendors used have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place, per requirements.
· Manages accuracy, production, quality and retention of program materials; which may include administration of SharePoint sites or similar. Ensures client and company materials comply with client and company brand guidelines.
· Collaborates with company and client IT teams to assess technology, training needs and implementation of program(s), training and tools for Workplace Experience teams and clients.
· Ensures safety standards are met by those delivery workplace experience services; whether company employees or third-party service providers.
· Assists in the completion of the office Business Continuity plan.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages delivery of Community Services. Services may include, but are not limited to:
· Reception / Switchboard
· Room Management
· A/V Support
· Meeting & Event Management
· Community Programs
· Workplace Coaching & Onboarding
· Food Services
· Parking & Commute
· Bicycle & Local Shuttle
· Supported Employment
· Company Store
· Pet Programs
· Document Services
· Mail Services
· Record Archiving
· Office Supply Management
· Moves, Adds, Changes
· Furniture Management
· Space Reset
· Workplace Onboarding
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Set the tone for the team, demand performance, and drive results while also growing the next generation of leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
· Skills and Experience in strong communication, operations, project management, event production, and/or customer service from an experience-based environment
· Assertive and have a strong drive to develop those around you, being an inspirational leader.
· Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
· Strong operations background.
· Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
· Marketing and sales principles
· Public relations principles
· Budget administration principles
· Program coordination principles
· Experience in planning strategic growth
· Managing a team
· Assertive and have a strong drive to develop those around you, being an inspirational leader
· Experience consulting, familiarity with business and product strategy
· Healthcare and education background is highly desirable
More about you: · You are super energetic, friendly, and openly optimistic
· You are resilient and relish the opportunity to tackle whatever challenges come your way
· You love people - and want to be surrounded by them all the time!
· You have a high EQ and don't shy away from giving tough feedback.
· You have a passion for community organizing, education, and healthcare
· You have some experience managing and executing small- and/or large- scale events
· You are scrappy, detail oriented, and you are known for your flawless organizational skills
· If you have experience working with students, engaging a healthcare audience, and/or building educational communities, that's a plus!
Critical Competencies for Success Do'er:
· You do what you love!
· Credibility is earned through execution and getting things done.
· You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
· Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
· Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued.
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
· You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
· You have the ability to foresee and identify the needs of the team.
· You take an innovator and creator's approach to any issues that may arise.
· There is no room for
Internal Number: 18031969
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.