This full-time confidential exempt position within the Operations team is responsible for supporting assigned departments and/or units with their business processes and fulfilling immediate data needs. This person will review current business processes and meet with key stakeholders in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document those processes, and ensure that there is integration between business and technology. The Analyst will structure and conduct user research, develop interface concepts; design and coordinate usability testing; and assist on project scoping and development with staff in relation to user experience projects. This person will be responsible for triaging questions and data requests to determine how the data will be acquired, tested and presented. This individual must have demonstrated experience in creative problem-solving with a focus on providing a more seamless experience for end users in the service, digital, and physical environments. The Analyst will work collaboratively with the Business Process Manager of Operations and department leaders to understand the user experience needs, provide quality assurance, and to ensure that the design of services and facilities is dedicated to improving the total user experience and ensuring optimal accessibility and efficiency of resources. To facilitate management of workload and prioritization of requests this person is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date projects and tasks in Workfront.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Business Process Manager in supporting assigned departments and/or units with their business process needs.
2. Conduct interviews, focus groups, and review web analytics to assist in determining the need for new/enhanced functionality as well as to identify workflow issues and propose solutions.
3. Create business requirement specifications, write and execute test plans, and collaborate with ATSS. Perform work within a set release schedule.
4. Triage and refine data requests and coordinate with ATSS as needed.
5. Maintain department/unit project queue in Workfront.
6. Work closely with business subject matter experts in Alumni Affairs and Development to define requirements, complete testing, and develop user guides, staff trainings and data audit needs.
7. Manage and develop communication and training plans for staff regarding system policies, procedures and reporting.
8. Assist Business Process Manager in developing and implementing new business processes.
9. Work with Business Process Manager to finalize and execute project plans.
10. In conjunction with Business Process Coordinator, provide end-user support across all supported products and applications.
11. Mentor a shared Business Process Coordinator that supports the day-to-day functions of the assigned departments and/or units and ensures that this person maintains projects and tasks in Workfront.
12. Represents assigned departments at ATSS LPM meetings as needed.
13. Represents Operations team at non-Operations department meetings.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department's mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University's fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year. Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Bachelor's degree with minimum 3+ years of relevant business process experience. Strong analytical background and proficient in data analysis utilizing a variety of software tools. Proficiency with MS Office required. Minimal travel required, conferences or peer meetings. Some evening and weekend work required.
Knowledge of academic communities and Harvard preferred. Experience with SQL, Toad, ADVANCE and Qlikview and other Business Intelligence technologies desirable. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals. Must exhibit great attention to detail and have the ability to produce clear documentation. Must be motivated to learn, flexible to change, and innovative. Ability to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 47986BR
About Harvard University Alumni Affairs and Development
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.