Better Living Health and Community Services has an opening for the position of Special Event Coordinator. The Special Events Coordinator assists with all fundraising operations of the Better Living Charitable Foundation. This includes events for Better Living Health and Community Services & Better Living at Thompson House and is focused on the Don Mills Community. This position reports to the Director of Development.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to:
· Plan, execute, evaluate and report on all fundraising events and engagement activities for Foundation
· Develop special event project plan and manage critical path deliverables to ensure successful outcomes
· Assist Marketing team with creating promotion materials and website updates and social media content
· Comprehend and direct event by overseeing the site survey, city permits, décor, food and beverage, audio, lighting, and staging, program and entertainment schedule. Research potential vendors, call for quotes, secure services and provide instructions. Assist event set up and tear down including the direction of volunteers . Craft and prepare post event communiqués and thank you letters.
· Prepare sponsorship packages; deliver presentations/proposals to engage corporate and individual supporters
· Support event and senior leadership volunteers and have the readiness to work side by side with the Volunteer Department to oversee volunteer recruitment, screening, coaching and stewardship
· Direct health and safety, harassment, privacy, accessibility, inclusiveness, site management, crowd control, admission, financial control, loss prevention and food services management
· Understand how to manage operation costs and budget, while ensuring events are delivered to company standard
· Knowledge of Raisers Edge or similar fundraising CRM databases is an asset
· Know how to use Social media to broadcast message and "Spread the Word"
· Manage online fundraising and prepare online reports to assist event day, donation receipt processing and analyze event outcomes
· Prepare qualitative and quantitative event reports to make recommendations
· Work within the Don Mills community to create awareness of the programs and services provided by Better Living and the need for funding.
· Secure sponsorships and third party event opportunities throughout the region.
The successful candidate for this position must possess the following qualifications:
· Post-Secondary education and a certificate in fundraising or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years in fund development and a track record of progressive success managing fundraising programs and events
· Demonstrated experience directing multiple, simultaneous successful fundraising special events in a non-profit environment
· Exposure to non-profit sector, specifically for special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising with the ability to steward existing relationships and cold call new ones
· Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Canada Helps would be an asset
· Proven success in fostering and stewarding corporate and individual event sponsors, and community partners
· Excellent project management skills and superb attention to detail
· Positive leadership abilities and ability to coach and influence stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills and professional etiquette
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Resourcefulness and creativity to get desired result
· High level of sound judgment, reasoning and discretion
· Ability to handle prospect / donor information with confidentiality
· Familiarity with North York and the Don Mills community is an asset
· Have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to locations throughout our service area
· Must have valid driver's license
Pleaseemail or fax your cover letter and resume to Human Resources by Thursday, January 10, 2019
Please quote “Special Event Coordinator” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes however only those granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.
About Better Living Health & Community Services
Better Living Health and Community Services has been delivering community support services in the Don Mills area since 1976.
Better Living Health and Community Services is committed to our mission by helping adults and seniors, at all stages, experience a better quality of life. We provide essential services that assist seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role.