-Identify and accession manuscript and archival material as directed by the supervisor.
-Implement technical policies and procedures related to the administration and processing of manuscript and archival materials.
-Generate and update appropriate descriptive tools, including archival finding aids and catalog records.
-Address conservation and preservation concerns, including storage conditions.
-Assist with departmental reference and instruction responsibilities.
-Work with digitization team to make items accessible in digital formats.
-Participate in unit outreach and promotional activities.
-Occasionally assist with the preparation of exhibits and events.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Graduation from a four-year college or university; or high school and four years of library experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of relevant work experience.
- One to two years experience with primary source materials, including archives, special collections and rare books. OR One to two years experience in a cultural heritage institution, including archives, special collections library, or historical society.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with developing expertise in new technologies and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
UNC Charlotte is North Carolina's urban research institution. Our campus is located in the piedmont of North Carolina, just two hours from the mountains and three hours from the Atlantic Ocean. A large public university with a small college feel, more than 27,200 students consider UNC Charlotte’s 1,000-acre campus their home away from home.