The Athletics Marketing Assistant will coordinate the graphic design and production of all the Athletics department’s publications, including, but not limited to, media guide covers, social media graphics, posters, schedule cards, ticket collateral, stationery, flyers and brochures for the Lamar University Athletic Department; production to include all layout and graphic design. Also, responsible for coordinating the printing process with outside printing vendors, creation of sport specific marketing plans and other graphic related duties as assigned. Position reports to Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and is an integral part of the external team. Position will also provide photographic services (when needed) for the athletic department, and assist with digital marketing, digital media, and social media initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities: 1. Responsible for the design and update of special pages for the Athletics Department website. Design graphics for the Athletics Website, Social Media and various publications. Monitor and provide reporting and identity trends for social media (page views, visits, unique visitors, etc.)
2. Work with Athletics Department Staff to develop, maintain and advance the athletic department brand identity through its various printed and digital publications, which include but are not limited to media guides, game programs, posters, tickets and newsletters.
3. Create unique social media content with a focus on in-game and in-venue interaction with potential to integrate sponsored elements.
4. Work collaboratively with external team to plan, coordinate and produce all graphic content for marketing, promotional and branding purposes. Projects include planning and executing sport specific marketing plans as well as social media interactives.
5. Primary content creator for in-venue production team.
6. Develop new ways to promote the 17 athletic teams and the department’s mission statement while taking advantage of emerging technology. Stay current on graphics trends and techniques to the sports design industry, and learn and incorporate them at LU
7. Assist with overarching sports marketing, communication and public relation campaigns, and sales campaigns.
8. Assist with the creation of marketing, communication, and creative content to engage with fans.
9. Consistent communication with coaching staff, team operations, external staff members, sports information, event management for execution of promotions and game day material.
10. Implement a consistent graphic identity and branding across platforms and teams, in alignment with the Lamar University and Athletics Department design standards.
11. Manage student graphic design staff.
12. Provide creative support across the athletic department
13. Other duties as assigned
Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a collaborative setting with different constituencies.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interface Graphics, Web Design or related.
Minimum one (1) year experience working in graphic design.
Strong organizational skills with ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage several projects at one time Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, and have the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
Strong organizational skills with ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage several projects at one time.
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) in an Apple environment.
Experience with and knowledge of visual architecture or informational graphics. Team player with the ability to work well in a team setting and across diverse groups, organizations and departments.
Must be detail-oriented, proactive, energetic, curious, creative thinker, trouble shooter and problem solver.
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Lamar University and Texas State University System rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Desired Qualifications: Experience in Collegiate Athletics. Strong Written and Verbal communication skills.
Ability to work independently and self-manage project flow. Possess outstanding interpersonal skills. Schedule flexibility - willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships within the athletic department and external entities.
Ability to work independently and self-manage project flow.
Must be able to provide a portfolio which highlights a variety of projects including identity design, advertising and/or page layout.
Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
Reports Directly to : Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing
Internal Number: 20111673
About Lamar University Athletics
Located in Beaumont, Texas, Lamar University is 80 miles from Houston, 40 miles from the Gulf Coast beaches, 30 miles from Louisiana, and 70 miles from the Texas lakes region. The area's subtropical climate produces mild winters that allow for year-round outdoor activity. Lamar University is unique in that it enjoys close ties with the greater community. Students experience direct involvement in the city's civic, business and cultural opportunities.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.