We want to change the conversation about nature. We work to stop natural asset spend being perceived to be an expense. Instead, it should be perceived to be an investment, as we receive multiple benefits that far outweigh this spend (pollination, climate regulation, clean water, health and wellbeing to name a few).
Working across a wide variety of the conservation, natural and built asset sectors, Environmental Finance creates and partners with others who are creating innovative and investable projects. These projects are specifically structured to deliver quality returns for investors, local communities and the environment at large.
Environmental Finance is a pioneering and multi-talented employee owned social enterprise offering a range of advisory services and investment options to benefit and support communities, charities & social enterprises, and Local Authorities. We have a team of experienced professionals, who all excel in their given fields and innovate to meet changing trends in Government policies, Local Authority budgets, and sources of finance.
We focus our advisory work on two core areas: natural environment; and built environment.
In the natural environment, we work with a wide range of stakeholders from public, private and third sector organisations to unlock new revenue streams, to deliver scalable financing solutions for natural assets. Core focus areas in this subsector include biodiversity finance, commercial forestry, parks and green-spaces and water.
In the built environment, we work with new and existing enterprises to deliver and enhance built infrastructure. We design models to benefit local communities whilst meeting environmental and financial objectives, with a focus on several core project types, including: green infrastructure; agriculture, food & fisheries; waste management, recycling & the circular economy; energy; transport & infrastructure; and housing.
More information can be found on our website: www.environmentalfinance.co.uk
The Project Finance Senior Associate will be expected to lead the complex financial modelling requirements of Environmental Finance's advisory projects and Investment Funds, including:
· The creation, manipulation and reporting of multifaceted financial models across: renewable energy, infrastructure investments and project finance; SME investment; and mergers and acquisitions in the Environmental Impact, Natural Capital, and Conservation Finance sector.
· Developing project and fund models that seamlessly deliver Client and Investor focussed key information and reporting, and the wider analysis and explanation in supporting reports and user manuals.
· Supporting with transaction processes, by assisting clients and/or internal investment teams through the financial due diligence and integrating and technical or legal outcomes into the underlying models.
· Contributing outside of deal execution responsibilities by: training the team on financial modelling and increasing the capability and capacity across the business to create and manipulate complex models; undertaking initial assessments of proposed clients and transactions; identifying and developing new opportunities; and playing a role in building the wider business.
Skills and experience
You will have five or more years of experience in one or more of: project finance, infrastructure finance, corporate finance, investment banking, or accountancy. What is absolutely necessary is an interest in, and knowledge of the wider environmental and natural capital sector, charity and social enterprise.
Personal attributes that we are looking for include:
· Strong and demonstrable experience of business planning and the strategic development of revenue and operational models, including detailed financial modelling and analytical capabilities, ideally with experience of renewable energy project modelling.
· The capability to develop robust complex financial models for infrastructure projects such as large renewables programmes, alongside the ability to create integrated business planning models for multifaceted enterprises with multiple business lines.
· An understanding of the business advisory and capital raising arena, with experience in working with the environmental sector and/or charities and social enterprises.
· Experience of structuring and executing financial transactions for early stage, growth and/or established small and medium sized businesses is a benefit.
· Strong skills in: Excel, project management, research and presentation, and structured problem solving.
· Excellent communication and relationship building capabilities, and an adaptable style.
· Experience working in the public sector, social enterprises or with charities would be an advantage, particularly those with a demonstrable appetite for working in a small, flat-structured, dynamic team.
Other than excellent modelling abilities, we do not expect candidates to possess all of these skills. What we are looking for is someone who can creatively show how their skills and experience could be adapted to fit this profile, if/where there are gaps.
Salary and benefits
· £40,000 - £50,000 per annum with discretionary bonus, plus statutory pension contribution
· 25 days holiday (plus English bank holidays), plus flexible working potential
· Potential to become a shareholder in the future and progress to Director over time
Interested candidates should send a CV and a covering letter detailing their interest in Environmental Finance and also highlighting relevant experience
Closing date for applications: Friday 31 December 2018
1st Round Interviews w/c 7 and 14 January 2019
2nd Round Interviews w/c 21 and 28 January 2019
Internal Number: 4968663
About Environmental Finance Limited
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.