PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Training for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 166910
Manages the CareConnect EHR (Electronic Health Records) training team and project plan including development and implementation of all Epic training programs. Implements and documents training or performance support that assists caregivers in the delivery of safe, evidence-based patient care in a healing environment. Supports EHR training strategies, planning, quality improvement and standardization. Collaborates across networks in developing training materials and promoting standardization. Responsible for effective coordination and communication with network partners. Assures existing documentation and standardized training modules are maintained and updated, and facilitates and designs e-learning modules, instructional materials, system documentation and other training support for new products or modules.
1. Implements system-wide education plans and ensures achievement of organizational outcomes that meet project timelines using adult learning principles
2. Ensures continuous process improvement work is being done by the EHR Training team. Evaluates existing and new processes. Ensures adherence to standard processes while maintaining high quality outcomes.
3. Creates project plans including audience analysis, job-specific curriculum assignment, instructional design, curriculum review and effectiveness testing in a matrix accountability model. Monitors the effectiveness of education plans and responds or adjusts accordingly.
4. Sets standards for developing and maintaining the training environments.
5. Creates and implements the strategy for the development of e-Learning and classroom modules as necessary to support the overall training strategy.
6. Develops the strategy for the coordination of training logistics (courses, classrooms, registrations, timeframes, etc.) and long-term caregiver development across PeaceHealth in collaboration with the other members of the project team and department managers.
7. Manages training specialists and credentialed trainers. Responsible to hire, train, mentor, schedule, and manage performance. Analyzes resource requirements of the department and develops recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
8. Assists in management the department budget, tracking expenditures, expense report approval, purchases, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
9. Develops policies in support of the education and training program
10. Develops alternative or creative solutions for addressing various training needs and audiences.
11. Investigates need to meet outcomes by asking questions to best inform changes in materials and training.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Organizational Development, Nursing Education, Healthcare Administration, Business or similar degree or combination of education and experience.
Master's degree strongly preferred.
Five years in education, organizational development, or a training related position is required.
Two years in a management position, preferably in a healthcare environment is required.
Successfully managed large scale application training projects and ability to lead others effectively in a large matrixed healthcare organization.
Experience leading development of web-based and other educational technologies or training systems in a learning management system.
Experience in information systems project management and facilitation.
Experience in instructional design and training material development, especially in instructional technology.
Strong expertise utilizing a learning management system in a large multi-state organization.
Experience in adult learning theory, needs assessment, and the facilitation of work teams.
Significant experience leading Epic training at various stages of go live and stabilization, strongly preferred.
Epic certification preferred
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Strong analysis/problem solving and critical thinking; excellent computer skills with and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Strong leadership, facilitation and teaching skills.
Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
Proven ability to work independently prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
Ability to travel
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
Exceptional customer relationship and communication skills
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Requires travel as needed to any PeaceHealth facility.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Leadership Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || HUMAN RESOURCES
Internal Number: 166910
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.