The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process. As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst/Associate to join business-facing market risk team within the Market Risk Department, based in Budapest.
The role involves working with desk-facing risk managers with a particular focus on the Credit trading complex in Fixed Income. It includes a diverse range of risk management responsibilities and provides exposure across the sales and trading area as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
· Identify and provide independent oversight and control of all market risks across the Credit Complex
· Continuously monitor the financial markets and measure the impact on MS's portfolio.
· Daily review of Identified and measured risks within risk feeds to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Daily monitoring of exposures and risk sensitivities against approved limit framework
· Conduct detailed risks analysis, highlighting both direct and indirect vulnerabilities in the portfolio.
· Ensure risk metrics, such as VaR and other regulatory / economic capital measures are capturing the relevant risks and are responding appropriately to changes in the risk profile
· Prepare materials for and brief senior management committees on risk trends and material risk issues
· Respond to regulatory or internal requests for risk information
· Respond to and remediate issues raised by internal audit, risk process validation or regulators
· Sit on various working groups and committees to ensure key projects are completed
· Manage projects to ensure new initiatives or enhancements are implemented timely and accurately
· Coordinate as necessary with other functional groups including risk analytics, operations, risk reporting, regulatory and capital groups.
Excellent academic background, preferably with a degree in quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
Strong interest in understanding broad spectrum of risk areas covered in Fixed Income and including knowledge on markets, models and derivatives products
Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects
Ability to build good working relationships across a number of different areas
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong Excel knowledge
Highly organized, with close attention to detail
VBA/SQL knowledge is an advantage
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Internal Number: 4911553
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.