Exercising strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times, the Administrative Services Coordinator engages in executive-level interactions with internal and external customers of the Office of the Vice President for University Facilities (VPUF) and supports its functionality by organizing and coordinating office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing daily office operations, tracking the activities, projects, and initiatives of the Vice President, and supervising temporary staff and students. She/he is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of operational documents and assumes a critical role in internal and external communications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as the initial point of contact for the VPUF office and supervises its day-to-day operations, including overseeing, expediting, and coordinating office support services such as equipment, maintenance, repair, supplies, correspondence, evaluating new work techniques, recommending solutions, and executing policies and procedures.
• Manages the calendar and travel itineraries/expenses of the Vice President and others as designated.
• Response to inquiries or complaints from internal and external constituencies conducts research, recommends solutions, and prepares drafts of written responses.
• Prepares and edits drafts of internal and external documents including correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, and operations information on behalf of the Vice President and others as designated.
• Provides procurement support services for the VPUF and others including purchasing research and pricing, vendor liaison, monitoring invoices, entering, tracking, and closing requisitions, and monitoring expenditures.
• Attends designated meetings to document issues and assist in the preparation of responses on behalf of the Division or the University.
• Reviews incoming documents for completeness before submission to the Vice President for approval. Supervises document processing to verify the appropriate reviews, approvals, and signatures.
• Follows up on decisions or directives of the VPUF to ensure implementation or completion.
• Designs, implements, and maintains office filing systems.
• Tracks pending projects and prepares status reports to ensure compliance with division and University deadlines.
• Recruits hires and supervises temporary and student staff for the office.
• Provides meeting support services and assists in coordinating division meetings and events.
• Makes recommendations for purchases of software, hardware and other equipment that facilitates office productivity.
• Attends training courses, seminars, or workshops to increase professional knowledge and skills, as required.
• Complies with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders.
• Participates in occupational health and safety training and promotes safe work practices through the selection of footwear appropriate for the work environment, and the utilization of personal protective equipment when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree
• At least three years of full-time, relevant, and professional experience supporting and reporting directly to a senior executive in an office environment
• Five years of full-time, relevant, and professional experience
• Advanced expertise using the Microsoft Office suite and experience using financial management systems with the ability to learn University-specific programs and software
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
• The ability to engage in clear, courteous, effective, and professional oral and written communications in English with all University constituents, external customers, and business partners
• Demonstrated proficiency in collaborating as part of a team environment while maintaining the ability to work independently
• The ability to report to work during emergencies, or work outside of standard business hours, when necessary
HOW TO APPLY:
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).
Internal Number: V-1562
About Montclair State University
With a proud history and a vibrant future, Montclair State University is one of New Jersey’s most diverse and dynamic institutions of higher education. One of four public research institutions in the state, Montclair State is designated a Research Doctoral 3 University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
Located 12 miles west of New York City on a 252-acre suburban campus which boasts modern, state-of-the-art facilities complemented by green spaces, public plazas and striking Spanish Mission architecture, the University offers a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum with a global focus; a broad variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level; and a highly productive, dedicated and diverse faculty and student body.
The University’s 10 colleges and schools offer more than 300 undergraduate and graduate majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs, and with more than 120 student organizations and 18 NCAA Division III athletic teams for men and women, Montclair State offers its students a comprehensive college experience.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at montclair.edu