The Project Manager reports to the Director ofDesign for Facilities Services, and is responsible for managing projects forand on behalf of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus.
-Review of Consultant's drawings andspecifications for compliance with applicable Codes and University standards
- AdviseConsultants on campus standards and accepted practices
- Attendprogress meetings to ensure that the project complies with the University'sstandards and end goals
- Liaisewith various departments to address specific concerns as they relate toprojects
- Developprogram documents and budget allocations for capital projects
- Meetwith Consultants and Contractors before and during construction tominimizeimpacts of the constructionprocess on campus events and activities
- Representthe End-Users and ensure that their program and spatial needs are met
- Reviewand monitor all works in progress and provide status reports at regularintervals
Internal Number: 165627
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.