At The Alliance of American Football (AAF), we are building technology that changes the way fans consume and interact with sports and television. We have a blank slate for re-inventing sports television (and live television in general), and are deconstructing live sports video to re-make it for the 21st century. We’re not trapped by legacy distribution agreements, financial models or production processes. We are bold in what we do.
We are hiring an IT & Hardware Manager locally for each team. This position is with THE ORLANDO APOLLOS, located in ORLANDO, FL.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the local office and football team from a technology standpoint. Each IT & Hardware Manager will be responsible for scaling, managing and maintaining the corporate infrastructure; which includes internal and external office networks, all corporate IT equipment and cloud assets.
Success in this role requires the experience and desire to own many solutions and also get your hands dirty on a daily basis. In this position you will also test, troubleshoot, repair and upkeep football equipment hardware and fiber optic components. Role requires 30% travel from January to May.
• Implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting of servers, network resources, computing infrastructure including security
• Developing, scaling, managing and maintaining the corporate infrastructure; which includes internal and external office networks, and all office IT equipment
• Maintain and deploy a physical inventory of IT hardware
• Strong desire for ensuring the highest levels of security, implementing comprehensive monitoring, creating backups/redundancies, researching pertinent IT methodologies
• Participate in solving challenges related to our IT infrastructure
• Experience in developing and delivering support strategies
• Collaborate across company verticals including: Engineering, Operations and Football
• Experience in networking: Routers, VPN, ISP management and other technical equipment
• Build strong relationships, manage and negotiate with supply/vendor contracts
• Responsible for setting up standard equipment tests to conduct functional, operational, environmental and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of equipment
• Assist engineers in troubleshooting of failed components under their direction and guidance
• Responsible for following product test procedures, equipment operation and sound safety practices for home and away games
• Responsible for other projects and duties as directed by management
The Alliance of American Football provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
3-5 years of experience being solely responsible for corporate IT
Worked at a start-up (less than 150 employees) within the past 4 years
Ideally will have 2+ years tenure at most of your prior roles (unless there's a good story….acquisition, folded etc…)
Experience with cloud native technology companies
Extensive knowledge of all the following technologies: LAN/WAN/Wireless/Switching, Mac and Windows Desktop Office 365/Microsoft Exchange, AntiVirus technology, Zoom or other collaborative Audio/Visual technology, GSuite and AWS/GCP/Azure
A deep understanding of general IT processes for on-boarding/off-boarding, vendor management, procurement, inventory management and project management
Capable and comfortable discussing long term objectives with department heads as well as troubleshooting issue across many different platforms
About The Alliance of American Football, ORLANDO APOLLOS
Led by some of the most respected football minds in the game, The Alliance of American Football is a dynamic professional football league fueled by an unprecedented Alliance between players, fans and the game. Founded by TV and film producer Charlie Ebersol and Hall of Famer Bill Polian, The Alliance will feature eight teams with 52-player rosters playing a 10-week regular season schedule in the spring beginning February 9, 2019 on CBS, followed by two playoff rounds and culminating with the championship game the weekend of April 26-28, 2019.