The Human Resources Programs Manager will assist with the design, development and implementation of comprehensive, best-in-class HR programs, policies and procedures that will be deployed across the Eastern Territory which is comprised of more than 10,000 employees. The scope of the HR programs include, but are not limited to, performance management, compensation, talent development, engagement and workforce planning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Being the project lead for the development and implementation of various HR programs and solutions that will foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement as well as drive operating consistency across the territory.
· Help improve organizational effectiveness through various cross-functional partnership focused on the development and deployment of training and development solutions to enhance leadership, improve employee productivity, and drive a performance culture.
· Develop communication and change management strategies. Effectively communicate the programs, policies and/or initiatives using various traditional and innovative approaches. Segment appropriate audiences and communication methods to deploy an effective communication strategy.
· Ensure relevant training tools and resources are designed, deployed and readily available for deployment to managers and employees.
· Define and develop HR analytics, reporting tools, and dashboards to evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives.
· Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
· Certification in one of more of the following: CCP, SPHR, CCMP certification helpful
· 8 to 10 years of increased HR responsibilities including design and implementation of compensation, performance management and talent management programs
· Work experience in a large organization is required
· Demonstrated end-to-end experience in the development and execution of organization-wide initiatives
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics
· Demonstrated ability to implement organizational change and to take a hands-on approach
· Excellent facilitation and oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver formal presentations or training
· Sound judgment, customer service and project management skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
· Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite and human resource information systems
· A desire to seek continuous improvement and best practices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.