Drives development and delivery of relevant and meaningful member facing events. This position is responsible for both meeting logistics, scripting and production of PPAI association awards and recognition events, department in-person education, the Leadership Development Workshop and support for Board meetings and events.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
1. Execute efficient and highly-regarded Awards and Recognition programs-- Oversee all production elements associated with product-specific awards (i.e. Pyramid, et. al.) and people-specific awards (i.e. Hall of Fame, et. al.) This includes logistics, scripting and production of these recognition events.
2. Manage logistics, scripting and production of the PPAI Product Responsibility Summit
3. Manage logistics, scripting and production of the PPAI Legislative, Education and Action Day—the annual lobbying event in Washington, DC
4. Manage logistics, scripting and production of the Leadership Development Workshop
5. Manage all meeting logistics associated with the PPAI Board of Directors events.
6. Manage all meeting logistics and production of the PPAI volunteer meetings.
7. Write scripts that are compelling and creative for live events. Ability to write in a fastpaced environment. Work with cross-functional teams to determining the best copy/scripts for each event
8. Must have strong personal organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously
9. Compile all logistical information into function orders and collaborate with vendors
10. Reviews all BEOs and MEOs returned from the facility and meets with staff to determine accuracy, makes budgetary recommendations or updates if required.
11. Creates RFPs and negotiates agreements as assigned.
*University/College Required - Bachelors Degree in Event Planning or Communications
*Meeting Planning - CMP preferred
*Event planning - 4 years of significant experience - broad experience in meeting planning and logistics. Self-starter. Creative.
*Advertising Agency or marketing department - 4 years of significant experience - strong writing and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Excellent communication skills - Experience in writing event scripts. Flawless grammar and style, presentation skills, development capabilities
*Strong organization skills - Keen attention to detail, able to conceptualize top-tier events from start to finish. Develop programs that enhance and reward the member experience.
*Event planning - Experience planning and executing live member events. Develop programs, manage logistics, write scripts, manage budgets, keen attention to detail.
*Prioritization and project management - Demonstrated ability to manage and track multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Understand what is needed and provide the leadership to gain vital details through analysis and data gathering.
*Broad software skills - Microsoft suite, access, and ExpoCad. Ability to pick up on new programs quickly.
*Sitting: 8 hour/ day in office/ 0% at show/event
*Standing: minimal in office/ 100% at show/event
*Lifting up to 50 pounds (luggage and gear for travel)
*Pushing/Pulling: up to 50 pounds as needed
*Extended work hours, extended weeks (endurance requirement): must be able to travel for up to two weeks with accouterments: yes
*Office environment: Yes
*Trade show floor or event venues: Yes
*Temperature controlled: Not always – many tradeshows are not temp controlled during set up and tear down, must be prepared for hot or cold situations during these times.
About Promotional Products Association International
PPAI is the trusted leader in the promotional products industry delivering essential knowledge, resources and community to ensure the success of its members, those who manufacture, import and resell promotional products, and the promotional products industry itself.