Regnum Christi is an established and growing movement within the Catholic Church composed of Legionaries of Christ, consecrated men and women, and lay people who serve the evangelizing mission of the Church by forming passionate apostles.
The Chief of Staff for the Chief Development Officer serves the team responsible for powering the mission through effective fundraising. Reporting to the Chief of Development (CDO), the Chief of Staff (COS) sits as a member of the development office’s leadership team. The COS acts as the “integrator” of the development office, making possible the organization’s goal of raising annually over $20 million.
The Development Office for Regnum Christi is based in Atlanta, Georgia. This office coordinates the fundraising efforts across North America. The team of advancement officers and fundraising personnel serve the fundraising needs of a wide range of Catholic works of apostolates including: two seminaries for the formation of Catholic priests, the religious formation of consecrated personnel, support for thirty religious communities, and many Catholic works of apostolate including youth camps, spiritual retreat centers, missions, service projects, educational works, catechetical programs, and youth, family and couple ministries.
1. Supports the Chief Development Officer by translating visionary ideas into functional plans aimed at achieving or exceeding all fundraising objectives and then coordinating the execution of the plan.
a. Coordinates overall development planning effort. Maintains an eye for alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity amongst myriad competing priorities.
b. Works in collaboration and in dialogue with the CDO and the development team leaders to collect, organize and synthesize progress to plans. Develops and tracks yearly KPI’s, metrics and dashboards.
2. Supports the CDO in building a cohesive and highly functioning development office leadership team; takes the initiative to promote healthy working relationships, encouraging the living out of the organization’s core values: communion, collaboration, mutual trust and respect, accountability, and subsidiarity.
3. Serves as point-person for all interoffice and cross-departmental initiatives including but not limited to:
a. Supports the implementation of Salesforce as the organization’s CRM and other development technology platforms and programs as appropriate.
b. Collaborates with the marketing and communication department to communicate a compelling case for gift-giving and provide quality materials to support development efforts.
c. Collaborates with the locality support team to ensure effective team work within and across the localities.
4. Oversees communication development and execution for the CDO.
a. Coordinates CDO and internal development office communications; facilities efforts to ensure good communication is happening and decision-making processes are aligned and understood.
b. Organizes development team and development committee meetings
c. Provides CDO with all materials, presentations and needs for monthly development committee, executive and board level meetings.
d. Creates CDO donor presentations and communications.
5. Supports CDO with calendar management.
a. Coordinates development office and CDO’s calendar, keeping an eye on all development deadlines for execution against yearly financial, territorial and development goals and plan.
b. Sets up CDO speaking engagements.
6. Leads the effort to ensure a system of meaningful benefactor appreciation and proper gift recognition is in place.
7. Assumes project management responsibility for key development office initiatives, keeping an eye toward surfacing, for senior management review and dialogue, any processes or systems that are no longer serving the organization.
8. Oversees office administrative and support staff as appropriate.
9. Accepts special projects as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
Minimum of seven to ten years of experience working in an environment where you were able to take someone’s grand vision and make it successful operationally
Experience working in a non-profit organization with professional and volunteer fundraising personnel is an important plus. Proven ability to coordinate a strong team; capable of engaging and inspiring direct reports and peers; has the character and presence needed to gain the respect and confidence of both internal and external audiences
Ability and desire to work as a team player collaborating with his/her peers in support of overall organizational goals
Very strong leadership, communication, organizational and project management skills.
Strong computer literacy across a variety of programs. Knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
Open to and very supportive of the mission of the Legion of Christ and the Regnum Christi Movement.
Open to or practicing the Catholic Faith
Regular travel and attendance at Development Office meetings and Development Committee meetings is required. Living in Atlanta, GA is preferred but if not, travel to headquarters in Atlanta, GA on a regular basis is required.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing: (a) a meaningful cover letter; and (b) a complete resume and earnings expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Chief of Staff, Development Office” in the subject line of the email. Inquiries/questions may be directed to the same email to the attention of the Director of Human Resources.
About Legion of Christ
Regnum Christi is an established and growing movement within the Catholic Church composed of Legionaries of Christ, consecrated men and women, and lay people who serve the evangelizing mission of the Church by forming passionate apostles.Regnum Christi (Latin for “Kingdom of Christ”) helps people to live their faith deeply and to get involved in works of service that assist people with the hope of bringing them closer to Our Lord.