The Carl Perkins federal funding is a major support for career and technical education at MCC. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and directs, coordinates and manages the day-to-day administrative operations of the related Perkins grant activities to ensure that the College is in full compliance with the Perkins federal legislation and funds are expended according to the mandate of the law. This includes planning, coordinating, communicating, and operation functions including financial management, assessment, evaluation and problem solving to achieve the broader goal of improving student success in occupational education.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field from regionally accredited institution.
2. Five years of prior experience encompassing two years of related preparatory experience and three years full-time successful work experience as a federal grant project administrator. Work experience must include demonstrated work history of grant project management, including proposal and report writing, budget management and project evaluation.
3. Ability to interpret federal guidelines for grant administration and implement appropriate policies and procedures for effective grant management.
4. Demonstrated ability to achieve established goals and objectives by coordinating the work effort with others.
5. Ability and willingness to perform both hands-on grant management duties as well as supervisory responsibilities.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively with diverse college and external constituents.
7. Must have a strong work ethic, ability to work independently and in groups.
8. Must be accurate, dependable, and analytical with a strong attention to detail.
9. Working knowledge of computer systems and MS office software such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as accessing/navigating the internet.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
11. Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills. Must be able to deal with multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Proven ability to provide on time delivery of requested proposals and reports, project skills and anticipation of issues.
Internal Number: 105397401
About Mott Community College
The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services that cultivate student success and individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.