Job Title: Student Success Specialist (Float Position)- Student Central
Department: Student Central
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Part-Time Professional
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $15.93
Schedule: 20-29 hrs a week, vary within a range of M-Th 8:00am-9:00pm , F 8:00am-4:30pm, and Sa 9:00am-1:00pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Provides comprehensive customer service in a high volume and challenging, fast-paced environment, resolving most issues on the spot and referring student to appropriate department for further assistance as necessary.
2) Responds to requests and refers students to appropriate resources for information on a range of topics including but not limited to advising, career counseling, disability services, dual credit programs, admissions (domestic and international), new student orientations, financial aid and testing.
3) Provides computer navigation support to students utilizing CougarWeb and other electronic tools. Assist students in self-serve processing of course drop/adds, completing the admission applications, signing up for College sponsored workshops and events, accessing enrollment verifications, making tuition payments, resetting passwords, completing FAFSA applications, master promissory notes, entrance counseling, etc.
4) Assists with workshops and explains College admission process, enrollment steps, and ongoing student service requirements.
5) Works in various assigned work areas on a rotational basis.
6) Performs general data entry tasks and keep accurate records. Reviews and verifies applications, transcripts, and other documents
7) Provides information on course selection, prerequisite authorizations and other permissions needed for student registrations. Provide guidance on department and campus processes.
8) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required and approved to meet workload demands.
9) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: standard practices within area of specialization. Skill in: servicing of customers within area of specialization; performing administrative duties in support of specialized function; application of job related computer software; operation of job-related equipment including computer and other equipment. Ability to: develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, students, general public, and other job contacts; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
High School Diploma or GED with at least three years progressively responsible clerical experience in the area of higher education and/or customer service. Employee typically gains the necessary level of expertise by demonstrating job competency acquired through on-the-job training, development, and experience with Columbus State. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Internal Number: req2260_1541080218
About Columbus State Community College
Columbus State Community College has been meeting the diverse educational needs of the Central Ohio community for more than 50 years. The college is proud to be an important contributor to the growth and progress of the region and to serve as the front door to higher education in Central Ohio. From the first graduating class in 1965 through this year, 50,000 students have earned associate degrees in 50-plus technical fields and academic transfer programs. Columbus State also offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs whose coursework fulfills the freshman and sophomore year requirements for bachelor’s degree programs offered by four-year colleges and universities throughout the state. Specific transfer agreements with more than 40 colleges and universities are in place at Columbus State, and new direct-to degree partnership programs are being developed all the time. Columbus State now has two campuses serving Central Ohio educational needs. The Columbus Campus is located on 85 acres in downtown Columbus. The 108-acre, full-service Delaware Campus welcomed its first students in 2010. Additionally, Columbus State offers classes at nine convenient regional learning centers throughout Central Ohio.