To deliver health and hope for Chicago’s underserved communities.
Bringing compassion, respect and understanding to all those we serve
Striving for excellence and innovation in every aspect of our work
Building a shared sense of community where every person feels welcome and at home
Position Purpose: The Regional Director of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day clinical operations and delivery of clinical services across multiple Esperanza Health Center sites. The Regional Director will be primarily responsible for overseeing the operational efficiency and quality of clinic services, including direct supervision of roles involved in patient care support.
The Director oversees Health Center Managers, Medical Assistants (MA’s), Patient Service Representatives (PSR’s) and Referral Coordinators. The Director will lead efforts to improve clinic operations in a way that contributes to an enhanced experience for staff and patients. They will oversee the functioning of key systems vital to clinic operations, including: efficient systems for management of clinic flow.
Supervision Received: The Director reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and collaborates closely with other members of the Senior Management Team. It is expected that the Director work independently, checking in the COO as necessary and having regular meetings to coordinate and discuss goals and work issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinic Administration (40%)
• Responsible for oversight of clinical operations across Esperanza Health Center sites. This includes direct oversight of day-to-day management of front desk and clinical areas.
• In collaboration with Site Managers and Lead support staff, responsible for directing, planning, organizing, supervising and coordinating the services of clinical operations across for front desk and clinic work areas, including: Registration, Intake, Laboratory, Check-out and Specialty Referral Tracking.
• Monitors and ensures clinical and operational performance goals are maintained across sites. Works to optimize staffing, appointment schedules and workflows policies and procedures to meet goals.
• Oversee front desk enrollment of public benefits and stays up to date with changing healthcare landscape.
• Responsible for ensuring an excellent patient journey and ensures patient complaints/grievances are addressing and resolved in a timely and responsive manner.
• Provides leadership in Patient Centered Medical Home initiatives and ensure effective implementation and maintenance of concepts, principles and processes across the clinic.
• In collaboration with Director or Quality and Practice Transformation, facilitates and support process improvement initiatives that enhance Team Based Care
• Develop, review and update policies, procedures, process improvement, training, and evaluation that help support efficient clinic workflows, productivity, quality improvement and customer service.
• Work with COO and CFO to prepare department’s annual budget
• Establish and achieve financial goals; monitor status and projections of all accounts and report and projection changes in a timely fashion.
• Provide oversight and leadership for clinical and operational projects.
• Create, analyze and present data and reports as relevant to clinical operations.
• Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining policies and procedures related to clinical operations.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with rules and regulations that impact clinic operations, including participation in audits and the development and implementation of Corrective Action Plans
• Responsible for clinical supply inventory, including vaccines, medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, etc.
• Track and approve operational expenses within budget guidelines.
• Collaborate with all members of Senior Management.
• Evaluate processes and systems of clinic in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
Supervision and Training (25%)
• Directly and indirectly supervises site managers, Lead Medical Assistants, MAs, Patient Service Representatives and Referral Coordinators.
• In collaboration with Director of Human Resources, facilitates and supports Recruitment, Onboarding, Training and Team Satisfaction initiatives
• Co-lead monthly operational meetings with the COO, CMO and Site Medical Director.
• Completes performance evaluations in a timely manner.
• Ensure communication of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures both up and down the chain of command through meetings, huddles and other forms of communication.
• Develop, conduct and ensure compliance for all staff for required training related to clinical operations compliance.
General Job Requirements:
• Strong interpersonal skills: Can do attitude, ability to foster a healthy and happy culture. Familiarity with quality and process improvement methodology.
• Working knowledge of federal and state regulations that impact clinic operations such as HIPAA, HRSA, UDS and PCMH.
• Bilingual English/Spanish Required.
• Ability to use MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently learn how to use an EMR system.
• Effective problem solving and ability to analyze and use data for decision making.
• Ability to embrace, manage diversity, build and maintain successful departments and teams.
• Effectively interact with staff across sites and develop positive relationships while being tactful, respectful, and direct in communication.
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel between sites as needed.
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare preferred (examples: Nursing, MPH)
Experience: 5 plus years of management or supervisory experience in a healthcare, medical or school based health center setting.
Internal Number: 7736405797
About ESPERANZA HEALTH CENTERS
Esperanza Health Centers serves an area that is in great need of quality healthcare. Families in Esperanza's service area experience significant economic, educational, and health disparities. More than 53 percent of residents live below twice the poverty level. Large portions of Esperanza's service area have been designated as a Medically Underserved Area and a Health Professional Shortage Area by the Health Resources and Services Administration.
All of our full-time providers and all of our clinical staff are bilingual and bicultural. Our services and programs are carefully tailored to the needs and culture of the communities we serve.
Esperanza Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To promote healthy lifestyles & improve our patients’ health through the provision of high quality health care and wellness services in the communities of Chicago’s southwest side.
Esperanza means hope in Spanish. In living up to its name, Esperanza Health Centers envisions healthy communities where resources are woven together, allowing community residents to realize their... full potential through optimum health regardless of immigration status, race/ethnicity, income or ability to obtain insurance.
HOPE: eliminating barriers that restrict access to quality health care.
HEALTH: impacting the community by providing quality integrated primary care and behavioral health services.
FAMILY: building our communities by helping families with prevention and self-care education.