Located in Nashville, Tennessee, andoperating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patientcare, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each daywith the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertisewill be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is aplace where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â issought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part ofsomething that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their workand never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
This is a full-time position with Vanderbilt University Medical Center and offers challenge, career growth and an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team that supports multiple projects/activities for the Health IT portfolio projects.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs project management support and analysis with some guidance. Works with customers to understand and analyze operational procedures, information requirements, transaction processing, utilization and/or reporting needs.
Coordinates and oversees all phases of the project.
Ensure timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
Provide customers and leadership support through project management.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate project communications in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Demonstrates fundamental command of the language and grammar. Clearly and effectively transmits basic ideas and information to others. Expresses technical information clearly. Demonstrates the ability to write in a clear, detailed, and comprehensive manner. Demonstrates an understanding of effective composition.
PROJECT COORDINATION - (NOVICE):- Reviews specific project related documents for completeness and accuracy and ensures project status reports are received, when due, from project managers for all approved projects. Provides administrative and logistics support for various project meetings, training, workshops and facilitated sessions. Coordinates and tracks all work requests to ensure on time project delivery. Keeps project plans updated and ensures key milestones and dependencies are understood. Responsible for record keeping for project meetings such as issues logs, gap analysis sheets, meeting minutes, making copies, team event planning and execution, team travel, on-boarding activities for contractors or consultants, set up and maintenance of project repositories.
PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate Issues Management in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Keeps control of all action items and the planned completion dates, and efficiently reports status and resolution to management.
PROJECT PLANNING - (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for a medium sized project. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units, estimating time and costs appropriate to the stage of the project. Works with basic project management tools, either paper-based or computer software systems.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.