PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director Patient Experience for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position.
Req ID: 166046
The System Director of Patient Experience provides leadership and direction for the strategic development, implementation and sustainment of processes to address and improve patient experience, development and execution. The System Director shall work with Leadership to develop long and short term business strategies, operational plans for the organization wide patient experience culture and priorities. The role shall include the oversight and coordination of the Patient Experience culture across PeaceHealth with responsibility for results including costs, methods, education and staffing. The System Director shall work with Leadership, internal and external resources and caregivers to identify and recommend Patient Experience annual strategic goals, operational implementation and performance strategies, quality initiative impact, service environment and regulatory compliance. Individual shall work collaboratively with key stakeholders across PeaceHealth to coordinate efforts, focus support where needed and share best practices. Lead the tracking and trending of service- related outcomes, identify opportunities for improvement, recommend and implement solutions to achieve improved Patient Experience performance goals and patient engagement.
1. Work with Leadership to identify the PeaceHealth Patient Experience Culture, and align improvement work with organizational priorities.
2. Develops, coordinates, impllements and maintains the PeaceHealth Patient ExperienceCulture. Collaboratively leads administration, supervision, implementation, promotion and integration of patient experience efforts and initiatives.
3. Monitors and evaluates the results of HCAHPS, CGCAHPS and Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction surveys. Maintains reporting system. Recommends changes as needed. Works with key stakeholders to facilitate interpretation of patient satisfaction data. Ensures reporting on findings to key stakeholders leads to transparency and outcomes.
4. Leads structured system approach to patient family engagement through councils, outreach and other means appropriate to the program.
5. Coordinates and manages activities, events and programs specific to patient experience goals of PeaceHealth entities; responds to gaps and opportunities; identifies and shares best practices.
6. Partners with leadership including physician; nursing and administration to lead patient experience initiatives.
7. Continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of entity Patient Experience activity; identifies opportunities for improvement and develops action plans; contributes to design, development, implementation and sustainability of healthcare system Patient Experience initiatives.
8. Provides expertise and direction to facilitate understanding and implications of the patient satisfaction survey reports and trends and ensures the organization's targets and national benchmarks are met. Pride and Communication Council.
9. Work collaboratively with ClinicalExcellence (Quality, Patient Safety, Regulatory, Infection Prevention etc.) in all aspects of the patient survey process with the organization's selected vendor, including timely and accurate transmittal of data to and from the vendor and to organizational departments and administration. Serves as the key contact with the Patient Experuience survey vendor.
10. Work with key stakeholders to assure effective understanding and use of patient satisfaction trends and changes in order to facilitate their development of departmental satisfaction improvement strategies.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
Master's degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job with an agreement to obtain their Master's degree within 3 years of hire.
Minimum of 7 years of management experience in customer service roles including but not limited to hospital, clinic, or health system- related.
Experience with managing complex programs and projects, specifically with a focus on customer service/service excellence/patient experience activities, and demonstrated successful completion of quality improvement projects with desired outcomes.
Demonstrated teaching proficiency, including knowledge/application of Adult Learning principles
Facilitation or project management certification is preferred.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Proven skills in team facilitation, project implementation, effective data interpretation, patient advocacy, customer relations.
Group facilitation skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong organizational and analytical skills required.
Conflict management and group facilitation skills required.
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio required. Competency with other project management software is preferred.
Working knowledge of patient experience vendor data system (Catalyst), as well as general analysis tools and concepts (validity, reliability, etc.)
Working knowledge of all survey instruments/reporting mechanisms associated with regulatory/pay for performance and regulatory compliance/reporting (HCAHPS, HHCAHPS, CGCAHPS, other).
Working knowledge of Sharepoint, Issue Tracker, Microsoft Project, Excel.
Working knowledge of Service Excellence literature and best practices (e.g. Quint Studer, AIDET, etc.) .
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Leadership FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Executive Leadership || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Internal Number: 166046
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.