Position will require travel at least once a year to an out of state conference and additional state travel to clinical performance sites.
Primary Responsibilities: 60% - Under the supervision of the RCC PI and Co PI, accomplish RCC goals in accordance with the NIH award. Provide key support to accomplish overall StrokeNet goals to foster and maintain a research infrastructure for clinical trials and consistent enrollments within the RCC. This position will spend time as the research coordinator for trials.
Secondary Responsibilities: 40% - Represent the RCC on StrokeNet work groups as appropriate, attend monthly webinars and meetings and facilitate communication and collaboration between the RCC, NCC and satellites. Provide direct research coordinator services to satellites under the PI supervision of the University of Minnesota and develop research talent within the department.
1) Demonstrate clinical trial management expertise and collaboration within RCC 18 satellite network, prepare RCC and NIH reports (quarterly and annual), respond to NCC information requests.
2) Communicate regularly with satellite personnel to foster efficient and effective clinical trial preparation for StrokeNet trials.
3) Identify and engage StrokeNet resources to solve a range of issues related to trial administration including personnel, budgeting, IRB approvals, recruitment strategies and overall trial performance. Serve as a primary point of contact for the RCC and triage information requests to the PI as needed.
4) Navigate University of Minnesota research administration and collaborating departments to participate as a satellite in stroke trials,
5) Supervise and mentor research coordinator(s).
6) Serve as research coordinator as needed on trials enrolling patients and following per individual trial protocols, and closing out completed trials
7) Assist with the StrokeNet Research fellow training program
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
Excellent retirement plans with employer match
Disability and employer paid life insurance
Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
Required Qualifications: BS degree in Nursing with at least 8 years of experience or an advanced degree and 6 years of experience. Prior experience overseeing a small department or cross-disciplinary team. Current Registered Nurse (RN) license. A minimum of 2 years experience as a research coordinator with NIH funded trials or high quality industry trial. Clinical expertise in clinical neurology including stroke care and acute stoke management. Proven excellent communication skills (oral & written) in a leadership or managerial role. Previous experience mentoring health care professionals. Excellent computer skills with a variety of software.
Preferred Qualifications: At least 2 years experience as a research Project Manager. CCRC or CCRA certification. Prior work experience with Primary or Comprehensive Stroke Centers. Experience with or knowledge of budgets or finance concepts.
Internal Number: 326522
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.